Southwest Edmonton Neighbourhood Information

Allendale

Allendale was it’s own town until it was brought into the City of Strathcona in early 1907. After the combining of Strathcona with the city it became part of Edmonton. It was named after the Allen family, a group of settlers who lived in the area.

The communities borders are 104th Street, 70th Ave, 109th Street, and 61st Ave. The bulk of development in the neighbourhood occurred from 1940 to 1980, with only a few properties in the area being built after this time period. About three quarters of the homes in Allendale are single family properties, with duplexes and apartment building making up the other quarter. About 50% of all homes in the area are owner occupied.

There are two schools in the community, St Agnes is operated by the catholic system and Allendale Elementary Junior is operated by the public system. Demographically there are around 2500 residents in the community spread through 1200 homes. The average annual income per household is close to $65,000.

One public school, Allendale Elementary Junior High School is located in the neighbourhood. St. Agnes Catholic School is also located in Allendale.

View ALL Allendale Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Ambleside

One of the newer communities in the city, Ambleside is situated in the south west of the city. It’s borders consists of 141st Street, Ellerslie Road, Anthony Henday, and 170th Street. About 40 plus acres of land has been put aside in the neighbourhood to be devoted towards park space and schools. Ambleside is in full development mode currently.

There are three public schools designated for the area, taking children all the way through their primary educational needs. Most of the properties in the community are single family structures and owner occupied, but there are a few exceptions to this rule.

A number of amenities are close by for residents of the area. In 2007 the city started offering transit service to the community. Overall it’s a high income neighbourhood with average household income sitting around $95,000.

View ALL Ambleside Listings available for sale by clicking here

________________________________________

Aspen Gardens

The residential community of Aspen Gardens is located in southwest Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Created with the intent to attract those seeking a quiet, wealthy suburban community with spacious, grand homes and beautiful, engaging landscaping, Aspen Gardens looks out upon the Whitemud Creek Ravine.

In accordance with the 2001 federal census, a large part of construction in the area occurred in the 1960’s (71.8%), with a small percentage of development occurring into the 1970’s (22.9%). A majority of the residential housing units in the Aspen Gardens district are lived in by the owners.

Westbrook Elementary School and Vernon Barford Junior High School, both operated by the Edmonton Public School System, are seated in Aspen Gardens.

View ALL Aspen Gardens Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Bearspaw

Masgwaahisd was a Stony Native Chieftain, and the name translates as Bearspaw. Located in the south west of the city, it provides residents with easy access to South Edmonton Common which is a local shopping district in the area. This proximity provides residents of the community access to most necessary amenities.

The borders of the neighbourhood consist of 18th Ave, Blackmud Ravine, Gateway Boulevard, and the Anthony Henday. About 75% of the homes in the area are single family properties. The other quarter is a mixture of townhouses and duplexes. Over 90% of residences in Bearspaw are owner occupied. The majority of development in the community was finished during the 1980’s.

According to the city’s numbers, around 5000 people reside in Bearspaw in about 2050 properties. The average income is higher than the city average at around $85,000 per household.

View ALL Bearspaw Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Belgravia

Located just south west of the university campus, Belgravia is a community that was named after a popular district in London, England. At one time during the city’s history it was part of the railway system. Looking out over the North Saskatchewan lowlands, it offers it residents great views and easy access to nature trails and hikes.

It’s borders are Belgravia Road, University Ave, Fox Drive, and 114th Street. There is one school in the area operated by the public system. There are a lot of child care facilities located with the communities boundaries, making it a popular spot for young families who want to remain central in the city.

Demographically there is around 2.5 people per residence in Belgravia, and the average household income is very high at around $120,000.

View ALL Belgravia Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Blackmud Creek

A newer community situated in the southwest portion of the City of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Blackmud Creek did not develop until after the 2001 federal census. In accordance with the 2005 municipal census, 88% of the dwellings in the neighbourhood are single-family homes. The rest are comprised of duplex housing and low-rise apartments. Nearly all (96%) of dwellings in the area are lived in by the owners.

The Blackmud Creek community is located within 10 minutes of the South Edmonton Common, a huge shopping district offering a large number of stores, shops, restaurants and entertainment. Surrounding newer neighbourhoods include Callaghan, Blackburne, MacEwan, Rutherford, and Richford.

View ALL Blackmud Creek Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Blue Quill

Blue Quill in a neighbourhood located in the south west of the city. It’s named after a renowned chieftain of the local Saddle Lake tribe. Saddleback Road, 111th Street, 23rd Ave, and 119th Ave serves as the boundaries of the community.

The large majority of the development in this area happened during the 1970’s, which is consistent with areas in this part of Edmonton. Almost 60% of homes in the area are within low rise apartment buildings, with close to 30% being single family properties. The rest are a mix of duplexes and townhomes. According to the most recent census numbers, about 2/3’s of homes in the area are rented.

Blue Quill Estates makes a huge impression on the average income in the community. The affluent area helps drive the household income for the neighbourhood up to around $95,000. There are approximately 4500 residents in 1800 properties.

View ALL Blue Quill Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Brander Gardens

With great views looking out over the river valley to the west and north of this neighbourhood, Brander Gardens is a popular community in the south west of the city. Fort Edmonton Park is directly below and offers residents easy access to the historical theme park. Whitemud Drive and 51st Ave are the other boundaries of this community.

Like most communities in this area of the city, the primary development stage occurred during the 70’s. Approximately 75% of all residences were built during this time. The remaining properties were, more than likely, either built during the previous decade or the decade following the 1970’s.

Condo’s and apartment buildings make up around 1/3 of all residences in the area, single family properties sit around 1/3 as well, with duplexes and townhomes making up the remainder. About 40% of all homes in the area are occupied by renters.

The average disposable income in the area is close to $90,000, and the population of 4200 or so residents live with approximately 1900 residences.

View ALL Brander Gardens Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Bulyea Heights

Named after the inaugural Lietenant Governor of the province, Bulyea Heights is a residential community in the south west of the city. The borders of the community consist of Rabbit Hill Road, Whitemud Creek Ravine, Terwillegar Drive, and Whitemud Drive. About half the homes in the area were built during the last 5 years of the 1980’s, with the remaining built during the 1990’s.

Single family detached homes make up close to 90% of all residences in the neighbourhood, with duplexes making up the remainder. A large amount of homes are owner occupied, somewhere between 95-97%.

George H. Luck Elementary is located in the community and is operated by the public school system.

View ALL Bulyea Heights Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Brookside

Brookside is a community in the south west of the city that has multiple areas with stunning views of the river valley and the Whitemud Creek Ravine. It’s other border is the Whitemud Drive.

According to the census data, the community was constructed over three decades. During the 60’s about half the properties in the area were built, 40% or so during the 1970’s, and the remaining development of Brookside was completed during the 1980’s.

Approximately 80% of all residences in the community are single family properties, with row houses and apartment buildings making up the rest. About 85% of all homes in the neighbourhood are owner occupied.

The population of Brookside hovers around 2000 residents spread out through around 750 homes. The average household income is very high in this affluent area of the city at close to $120,000 per home.

View ALL Brookside Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Carter Crest

Carter Crest is a newer neighbourhood in the south west of the city that looks like a triangle from above. Terwillegar Drive serves as a border, as does Rabbit Hill Road and 29th Ave.

The communities development started in 1990 when the first home was built. The majority of properties were built during this decade. With close to 95% of all homes occupied by their owners, it’s not surprising that the majority of homes are detached properties.

Demographically the community has around 10,000 residents split up into about 3500 properties. The median household income in the community is approximately $120,000 according to the census data.

View ALL Carter Crest Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Empire Park

Located in close proximity to Southgate Mall, Empire Park is a residential community in south west Edmonton. There are a couple of major roads nearby that allow residents of this area easy access to most parts of the city, Calgary Trail and 111th Street.

About three quarters of all homes in the neighbourhood were constructed during the period from 1960 to 1980. The rest of the development occurred in the years since then. Not the normal for the city, about 75% of all homes in the area are rental apartments. Only a small percentage of properties in the area are occupied by the title owner, between 6-10%.

There is great access to public transit for this community, with the Southgate light rapid transit station nearby. Two schools educate the children in the community, LY Cairns and McKee Elementary are both administered by the public school system.

View ALL Empire Park Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Ermineskin

A community in the south west of the city that was named after a local Hobbema leader, it’s borders include 23rd Ave, 29th Ave, Calgary Trail, and 111th Street. About 70% of all homes in the neighbourhood were built during the 1970’s and 1980’s, with sporadic development occurring before then and after that time period.

The old Heritage Mall is in Ermineskin and has recently been redeveloped into multiple condominium complexes. There is also a major public transit center in the community, which includes a hub for bus transit and light rail transit.

Most properties in the community are rental units, with approximately 66% of properties in the area matching this description. Apartments and condos dominate the landscape, with single family homes making a small majority of property for sale.

View ALL Ermineskin Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Falconer Heights

Falconer Heights is recently developed residential area in the south west of the city. The borders of the community are Rabbit Hill Road, 29th Ave, Riverbend Road, and Terwillegar Drive.

The primary period of development in the area occurred during the 1990’s, with close to 90% of residences built during this decade. Around 60% of homes in the area are detached properties of the single family variety. Condo’s and apartments make up about 25% or residences, and duplexes make up the remainder. About 20% of all homes in the area are rental units.

View ALL Falconer Heights Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Grandview Heights

A local south west community that was built on a piece of land owned by a prominent family, the McCauley’s. North of the river valley, the communities other borders are the Whitemud Creek and the University farm land.

The large majority of property in the neighbourhood was constructed during the 1960’s, approximately 85%. Around 95% of homes in the area are single family properties. Apartment buildings make up the remaining properties. Not surprising considering the demographics of the area, most homes in the area are owner occupied.

Around 4000 Edmontonians call Grandview Heights home spread out through 1600 properties. The average income is quite a bit higher than the city average at approximately $120,000.

View ALL Grandview Heights Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Greenfield

A community that is also known by the name Petrolia, Greenfield is a residential neighbourhood in south west Edmonton. Herbert Greenfield was a prominent politician and actually achieved the premiership for 4 years from 1921 to 1925.

Development of the area was started in the 60’s with around 75% of homes built during this decade. 20% were built during the 70’s, with the remainder of the properties constructed afterwards. Single family properties comprise about 90% of all residences in Greenfield, with the other 10% equally distributed between duplexes and apartment buildings. Approximately 90% of properties in the community are owner occupied.

Greenfield Public is available to educate the children of the community, and is administered by the public system. St Stanislaus Elementary is administered by the catholic system. There is also the Academy for Maths and Science with is an independent school.

There are lots of amenities local to the community, include Southgate shopping center. Many residents of Greenfield are able to take advantage of the public transit system, including the expanded LRT line. About 4000 residents live in 1500 homes, with an average household income above the city average.

View ALL Greenfield Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Haddow

Haddow is a residential community in the south west of the city that is shaped by like a triangle if you looked at it from the air. 29th Ave, Anthony Henday and Terwillegar Drive serves as physical boundaries to the area.

It’s a relatively new area with the vast majority of development occurring after 1995. About 80% of homes in Haddow are of the single family detached variety. Row houses, apartment style condos, and duplexes make up the remainder of properties in the community. A vast majority of properties in the neighbourhood are owner occupied.

Haddow Park is available to residents and offers a variety of activities for the local community. There is a pet area, however it’s not an off leash. There is also an ice rink for skating, a toboggan hill for the adventure seeker, a playground, trails for walking, and athletic fields for sporting competitions.

There are close to 13,000 residents in Haddow residing in approximately 5000 homes. The average income in the area is above $100,000 per household.

View ALL Haddow Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Henderson Estates

A residential neighbourhood that offers it’s residents views of the river valley, Henderson Estates is situated in the south west of the city. Riverbend Road and Rabbit Hill Road serve as boundaries for the community.

60% of properties were built during the 80’s, with the large majority of the remainder built during the following decade. About 90% of homes in the area are detached single family properties, with the remaining properties being duplexes. Not surprising for the area but still a very interesting statistic, only 3 homes in Henderson Estates are rented according to the most recent census data.

There are 3 schools designated to take care of the educational needs of the children in the community.

View ALL Henderson Estates Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Hodgson

A relatively new community in the south west of the city, Hodgson is a community that began development during the 2000’s. The borders of the area are Whitemud Creek, 29th Ave, 23rd Ave, and Rabbit Hill Road.

About half of the properties built in the neighbourhood are single family detached properties, with the other 45% or so comprised of condo apartment buildings with a maximum height of four stories. The remaining 5% or so of the properties are duplexes.

Only about seven percent of all residences in the area are rental units. The average income in the area is above average at about $120,000 per household.

View ALL Hodgson Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Keheewin

This neighbourhood literally means eagle is a local Cree dialect. It’s a primarily residential area in the south west of the city. It’s borders consist of Calgary Trail, 18th Ave, 111th Street, and 23rd Ave.

According to the city archives the community was primarily developed over three decades with the bulk of homes built during the 1980’s. One of the more rare neighbourhoods in the area, Keheewin is not fully completed and more development may be on the horizon.

About half the properties in the neighbourhood are single detached properties. 35% of the residences in the community consist of low rise rental apartments and condos. The remaining properties in the area are divided between row houses and duplexes. Around 80% of homes are owner occupied.

Around 5000 people reside in the community in about 2000 homes. The average income in Keheewin is around $90,000 per household.

View ALL Keehewin Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Lansdowne

Lansdowne is a community that has stunning views of the Whitemud Creek located in the south west of the city. It’s a popular area for residents of Edmonton, and is a short driving distance to many amenities. Malmo Plains, Brookside, Aspen Gardens, Royal Gardens, Lendrum Place and Grandview Heights are nearby.

Most of the development in the neighbourhood occurred in the period of time from 1960 to 1980. About two thirds of the residences in the area are single family properties. The rest of the homes in the area are apartment buildings with a mixture of high and low rise apartments. The single family properties are primarily occupied by their owners, and most apartments are occupied by renters.

The average household income in the community is above the city average at close to $100,000. There are 1250 residents in Lansdowne divided throughout 550 homes.

View ALL Lansdowne Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Leger

Leger, located in the Terwillegar Heights, is a newer community of south west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

A 2005 municipal census reports that approximately 82% (4 out of 5) homes are single family dwelling residences. The remaining 18% are duplexes (14%) and row houses (4%). Most home (92%) are owner occupied.

The Edmonton Catholic School System has established the Archbishop Joseph MacNeil School, a kindergarten to junior high (K-9) school in the Terwillegar Heights neighborhood. Though not yet completed a public high school, transit center and state of the art recreation center is also being added.

To the south of Leger is 23rd Avenue, on the west is Terwillegar Drive, to the east Rabbit Hill Road to the north is a utility corridor running north of 29th Avenue.

View ALL Leger Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Lendrum Place

Lendrum Place is a residential community in the south west of the city. The area started development shortly after the end of the Second World War. 61st Ave, 115th Street, 51st Ave and 111th Street make up the borders of the neighbourhood. Malmo Plains, Pleasantview, Parkallen and Allendale are all nearby.

Robert Lendrum was an early resident of the city who was responsible for surveying many of the early communities in Edmonton. The bulk of the construction in the area occurred during the 1960’s, with about 80% of all property in the community built during this time.

Approximately three quarters of the homes in the area are detached properties, with the other quarter made up of apartment buildings. Between 70-75% of all homes in the area are occupied by their owners.

St Martin Catholic and Lendrum School educate the elementary school aged children in Lendrum Place, with Avalon Junior taking kids from grade 7 to 9. The average household income in the area in consistent with the city average, and there are 5500 residents in the community spread out over 2250 homes.

View ALL Lendrum Place Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

MacEwan

Macewan is a newer development in the south west of the city built to coincide with the building of the Anthony Henday Drive. 127th Street, Ellerslie Road and 111th Street make up the other borders of the community. There is one school servicing the community, Victory Christian.

A little over fifty percent of the homes in the area are of the single family variety, with apartment condos and duplexes make up the remainder. About 80-85% of the homes in the area are resided in by their owners.

The area has a notable place in Edmonton’s history. It was home to the largest ever residential fire in the city when a 150 unit condo complex was purposely set on fire. Fortunately the property was still under construction, so no one was hurt.

There are approximately 11000 residents in Macewan with an average household income close to $95,000. According to the most recent census numbers there are close to 5000 properties in the community.

View ALL MacEwan Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Malmo Plains

Malmo Plains is a fantastic residential community in the south west of the city that is actually named after malmo silty clay loam. Primarily homes in the area were built during the 60’s, roughly around 75%. Rental units and owner occupied properties are divided close to 50/50. Royal Gardens, Aspen Gardens, Lendrum Place and Pleasantview are all nearby communities.

The borders in the area consist of Whitemud Drive, 111th street, 51st Ave, and 122nd Street. Serviced by the Southgate LRT, the community has access to lots of different public transit options.

Malmo Elementary is administered by the public school system and there is also Montessori School in the community, this is a private school. There are approximately 5500 residents in the neighbourhood, around 2500 homes with an average household income is slightly above the city average.

View ALL Malmo Plains Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here.

________________________________________

McKernan

This neighbourhood in south west Edmonton was named after James McKernan, a prominent business figure. While the community became part of the city with the combining of the City of Strathcona, the bulk of residential development did not start until after 1945. Lendrum Place, Pleasantview, Allendale, Parkallen, McKernan and Belgravia are all nearby.

Today the neighbourhood is a combination of single family properties and duplex homes with a large portion of all units being occupied by renters. The local strip mall next to McKernan has a bit of history behind it. It was home to one of the original drug stores in the city, Rogers Drug Store. The family was a staple of Edmonton society, but eventually gave up the store in 1976.

Overall the community has a higher level of income than the average in the city at $70,000 per household. There are approximately 5500 residents of McKernan in 3000 property units.

View ALL McKernan Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Parkallen

Parkallen is a neighbourhood located in the south west of the city and due east of the U of A farm. The primary stage of development in the community occurred during the time from 1946 to 1960. 80% of the residences in Parkallen are detached homes, the other 20% is a combination of row houses, apartment buildings, and duplexes. Allendale, McKernan, Lendrum Place, and Queen Alexandra are all nearby neighbourhoods.

Close to 70% of all homes in the area are occupied by their owner. With good access to the university campus, there is also a relatively consist level of rental opportunities should you decide to invest in a property in the area. The borders of the community consist of 61st Ave, 109th Street, 71st Ave, and 113th Street. There is an LRT station nearby, for easy access to the light rail transit system.

Demographically the neighbourhood of Parkallen has approximately 5500 residents split into 3000 homes. The median household income in the community is around $70,000.

View ALL Parkallen Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Pleasant View

A great residential area of the south west of the city, Pleasantview has been part of Edmonton since 1914. Residential development didn’t start until after 1945. About half of the homes in the community were built during the 1960’s, with the other half being built during the decades following. Empire Park, Lendrum Place and Allendale are all nearby.

The population is relatively mobile, with about half of the properties in the community noted as rental units. Even though only about half of the neighbourhood lives here on a permanent basis, there is a strong community to the area.

The physical borders of the neighbourhood are 51st Ave, 104th Street, 61st Ave, and 111th Street. Pleasantview has relatively easy access to the LRT system that is rapidly expanding throughout the city. Mount Pleasant Elementary is local to the community and is operated by the public school system.

The median income in the community is below the city average at $50,000 per home. About 6500 people reside in Pleasantview in around 2100 properties.

View ALL Pleasant View Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Queen Alexandra

This community in the south west of the city is one of the older communities in the area. The name is derived from English royalty. Queen Alexandra is a mixture of residential homes and commercial zones. The borders consist of Whyte Ave, 109th Street, 70th Ave, and 104th Street. Close to the university, students are often attracted to rentals in the area. McKernan, Garneau, Allendale and Parkallen are all close by.

The communities development has occurred at a steady pace since 1945, with no decade representing a boom in construction. Apartments for rent make up the bulk of homes in the area, which leads us to find that neighbourhood residents are more mobile than average. Only 20% of properties in Queen Alexandra are owner occupied.

The average household income is in line with the city average, and according to census number there are 4100 residents in 2700 property units.

View ALL Queen Alexandra Listings available for sale by clicking here.

________________________________________

Ramsay Heights

Walter Ramsay is known as the city’s first ever florist, he arrived in the capital region during 1899 and was originally slated to be a teacher. The community has great views of the river valley. The borders of the neighbourhood also consist of Terwillegar Dive, 40th Ave, and Whitemud Drive. Rhatigan Ridge, Bulyea Heights, Brander Gardens and Brookside are all nearby.

The development of Ramsay Heights really kicked of in the 70’s, with a little more than two fifths of the properties in the area built during this time. The 80’s were responsible for close to half of all development, so overall around 90% of all construction occurred during this 20 year period.

About half of all properties in the community are of the single family variety, with rental and condo apartment buildings making up around a third of the units available. The rest of the homes in the area are split up equally between row houses and duplexes. Close to 70% of all homes in the area are occupied by their owners.

View ALL Ramsay Heights Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Rhatigan Ridge

Thomas Rhatigan was a local farmer known for his proficiency with oats. In 1953, at the winter fair, he won the competition for world’s best oats. Rhatigan Ridge is a relatively new community in the south west of the city, it’s borders consist of the river valley, 40th Ave, Rabbit Hill Road, and Terwillegar Drive. Henderson Estates, Falconer Heights and Ramsay Heights are all nearby.

Construction of the community started in the 1970’s, but less than 5% of all homes were built during this time. The boom of the 1980’s was responsible for more than 2/3’s of overall development in Rhatigan Ridge. The community was finished development by the year 2000.

About 90% of all homes in the area are single family detached properties. Row houses and duplexes make up the remaining 10%. Consist with this sort of development, most properties are occupied by their owners, a little over 97%.

View ALL Rhatigan Ridge Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Richford

Richford is a community in the south west of the city that is predominantly single family properties. It has stunning views of the Blackmud Creek and it’s proximity offers residents easy access to trails and nature hikes. Ellerslie Road and 111th Street serve as borders of the area. Macewan and Rutherford are both nearby.

One of the smaller areas of the city, the 2005 Edmonton census had less than 200 people residing in the community. The vast majority of the neighbourhood are property owners, with over 95% of all residences occupied by the person on title. Approximately 70% of the properties in the area are single family homes, and 30% are duplexes.

It’s a very young community with lots of opportunity for growth and development. Close to many amenities already, residents of Richford have a lot to look forward to in the future.

View ALL Richford Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Rideau Park

Rideau Park has it’s name derived from a french word meaning curtain, and is located in the south west of the city. It’s borders consist of Whitemud Drive, Calgary Trail, 40th Ave, and 11th Street. The community offers residents easy access to the international airport not far away to the south of the area. Royal Gardens, Empire Park, Duggan and Greenfield are all nearby.

The community of Rideau Park experienced it’s residential housing boom in the 70’s with a little over four fifths of properties built during this time. The other 20% of homes in the area were mostly built during the 60’s with a few constructed during the 80’s.

More than 65% of all residences of the community are in low rise rental and condo apartment buildings. The remaining 35% of the residences in the area are divided between duplexes and single family detached properties. Around 60% of all properties in the community of Rideau Park are rental units.

There is a population of around 1500 in the community spread throughout 650 homes. The average residence income in the neighbourhood is consistent with the city average.

View ALL Rideau Park Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Royal Gardens

Royal Gardens is a residential community in the south west of the city. The primary stage of development occurred during the period from 1960 to 1980. It’s borders consist of 40th Ave, Whitemud Drive, 119th Street, and 111th Ave. With close proximity to Southgate Shopping Center, residents of the community have easy access to a number of amenities and public transit options. Greenfield, Aspen Gardens, Rideau Park and Malmo Plains all border Royal Gardens.

Overall the most common style of residence in the single family property. Almost half of all homes in the area are of this variety. Rental and condo style apartment buildings make up about a third of all residences and the remaining properties in Royal Gardens are row houses. Approximately 60% of all residences are occupied by the owner.

View ALL Royal Gardens Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Rutherford

Named after a prominent political figure in the province, the community of Rutherford is a newly development area in the south west of the city. Many young families are choosing to relocate to the area, which is consist with the predominant style of property in the area, the single family home. About 80-85% of all properties in the area are this style of residence. Close to 95% of all homes in the area are occupied by the person on title. Macewan, Richford and Callaghan all border the community

The communities borders consist of 127th Street, 111th Street, Blackmud Creek, and Ellerslie Road. It’s close to South Edmonton Common, which offers residents access to a number of great amenities.

Demographically the area has a much higher level of income than the city average, $95,000 per home. There are approximately 10,000 residents in the popular community residing in around 4500 homes.

Approximately 90% of the communities development happened during the prosperous years of the 1970’s oil boom. The other 10% of homes were built during the 80’s. 75% of all homes in the area are of the single family detached variety. An interesting fact about the area is that all the remaining 25% of the properties in the community are row houses, except for one solitary duplex.

About 90% of all homes in the area are owner occupied. There is a population close to 3000 people dispersed throughout 1000 homes in Steinhauer. The average household income is above the city average at close to $75,000 per residence.

View ALL Rutherford Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Skyrattler

The communities name sake was a chief of the Winterburn native band. Skyrattler is a residential area in the south west of the city. It’s development started during the 1960’s, but didn’t really hit full swing until the 1970’s when about 40% of the properties in the area were built. During the boom years of the 1980’s construction hit it’s high, with over half of all development occurring during this decade. Blue Quill, Keheewin and Ermineskin are all nearby.

Around 50% of all properties in the neighbourhood are rental or condo style apartment complexes. The other half is divided up into row houses, single family detached properties, and duplexes. Close to half of all residences are owner occupied, half by renters.

The community of Skyrattler has 23rd Ave, Blackmud Creek, and 111th Street as it’s borders. The Taylor University College is in the area, offering religious based post secondary education.

View ALL Skyrattler Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Steinhauer

Named after a local missionary who brought his message of community activism to the city of Edmonton, Steinhauer is a resident community in the south west of our fair city. It also contains a park that bears the Steinhauer name as well. The communities of Duggan, Sweet Grass and Ermineskin all border the area.

Approximately 90% of the communities development happened during the prosperous years of the 1970’s oil boom. The other 10% of homes were built during the 80’s. 75% of all homes in the area are of the single family detached variety. An interesting fact about the area is that all the remaining 25% of the properties in the community are row houses, except for one solitary duplex.

About 90% of all homes in the area are owner occupied. There is a population close to 3000 people dispersed throughout 1000 homes in Steinhauer. The average household income is above the city average at close to $75,000 per residence.

View ALL Steinhauer Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Sweet Grass

One of the more affluent areas in this part of city, Sweet Grass is a residential community in the south west district of Edmonton. It’s named after a local Cree chieftain who was known as a great conservationist. He was one of the first community leaders to advocate for protection of bison in the area. Blue Quill, Greenfield and Ermineskin all border the community of Sweet Grass.

The borders of the community consist of 119th Street, 34th Ave, 111th Street, and Saddleback Road. It’s residents have easy access to public transit via the Century Park light rail transit station nearby.

Development of Sweet Grass occurred primarily during the time period from 1970 to 1990, when over 90% of homes were constructed. Single family properties make up close to half the residential inventory, with apartment buildings and row houses making up the remainder.

Approximately 70% of all homes in the area are owner occupied, and over 50% of the residents of Sweet Grass have lived in the community for over 5 years. There are close to 3000 residents of the neighbourhood spread through 1250 homes. The median household income in the area sits around around $80,000.

Sweet Grass Elementary is within the community boundaries and is operation by the public school system. St Teresa Catholic is also located in Sweet Grass, and is administered by the catholic system.

View ALL Sweet Grass Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Terwillegar Towne

This community is a newer development in the south west of the city known for it’s unique homes and layout. Construction in Terwillegar Towne commenced during 1995 and the style of the area is reminiscent of older more central areas of the city. There is a pathway system that leads residents to a local square, small parks throughout the area, and a neighbourhood gazebo. The communities of Leger, Haddow, Terwillegar South, Magrath Heights and Mactaggart all border the area.

Properties in the area are built with open porches that enable neighbourhood to interact with each other. A little over four fifths or the inventory in the community are single family properties. The remaining 20% are distributed between apartment buildings, row houses and duplexes. Consist with the community idea, almost all homes in the area are occupied by the person on title.

There are close to 13,000 residents of Terwillegar Towne dispersed through 4500 homes. The average income per property is over $100,000 per year.

View ALL Terwillegar Towne Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Twin Brooks

Twin Brooks is a residential community in the south west of the city that is shaped like a triangle with viewed from the air. It’s a newer developed neighbourhood, with the majority of properties built after 1985. Overall most of the homes in the area are of the single family detached variety, but there are a number of duplexes in Twin Brooks as well. MacTaggart, Skyrattler, Keheewin and Macewan all border Twin Brooks.

The borders of the area consist of Blackmud Creek, the Anthony Henday and Whitemud Creek. Twin Brooks is homes to a community center and a public health facility, as well as George Nicholson Elementary which is operated by the public school system.

Twin Brooks park offers residents a great trail system for outdoor activities year round and leads into the Blackmud Creek. There is an off leash dog park as well as lots of open fields for any sort of outdoor hobby it’s residents are apt to enjoy.

There are close to 12,500 residents of Twin Brooks residing in 4500 properties. The median income of the area is over six figures per household.

View ALL Twin Brooks Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Westbrook Estates

As it’s name might suggest, Westbrook Estates is an affluent community in the south west of the capital city. It has great views of the Whitemud Creek on three sides of the neighbourhood, with the other boundary of the area being 119th Street. The neighbourhoods of Blue Quill Estates, Aspen Gardens, Sweet Grass, and Greenfield all border this community.

It’s one of the most established communities in the area, with almost two thirds of the homes being built during the period from 1960 to 1970. About 25% of the communities residences were built during the following decade, with the remainder being constructed since that time. Approximately 2/3’s of all homes in the area are occupied by their owner.

Westbrook Estates is home to the Derrick Golf and Country Club, adding to the neighbourhood’s prestige. Established in 1959, the club not only offers golf but many activities during the winter months as well. It’s also has a fitness center, volleyball and badminton courts, an aquatic center, and tennis courts. For the kiddies, there is a childcare facility at the club to allow parents some time to themselves.

View ALL Westbrook Estates Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here

________________________________________

Windermere Estates

If you’re looking for a luxury community with the best of the best, then Windermere Estates is your ideal neighborhood. With its outstanding country club and second-to none ambience, you’ll love experiencing this first class opportunity to live in one of Edmonton’s most sought after locations. Edmonton’s International Airport is only 20 minutes away, while upscale shops and fine dining area also easily accessible. The Anthony Henday Drive is nearby, so you can get to any part of Edmonton without minutes.

Windermere Estates is home to the award-winning golf course and country club that offers a par 71 course along the scenic beauty of the North Saskatchewan River near the south edge of Edmonton. Tree lined fairways with picturesque water are among several of its holes that creates a challenging course golfers love! The tranquil and natural setting of this golf course will keep you coming back many times. It is definitely a great place to seal the deal.

It is an urban-inspired suburb that the developers wanted its residents to experience. Several of Edmonton’s top builders offer many exceptional floor plans and amenities to families who desire an extraordinary neighborhood. Estate homes, single family homes, duplexes and condos are all available, depending on your lifestyle and budget. You can purchase an existing home or build your dream home on a lot of your choice.

Another enhancing amenity is the private leisure centre, the first one to be built in Edmonton. It’s here that families can enjoy an active lifestyle and stay close to home. Why go anywhere else when everything is right here? Visit Windermere today to see what Edmonton’s designer address is all about and why residents are sold on this neighborhood.

View ALL Windermere Estates Listings Available For Sale By Clicking Here